"Librarians are hiding something."..Stephen Colbert

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Week 7, Thing # 17, Sandbox

Editing someone else's writing is always a daunting proposition. Will they like what you add? Will they resent the changes? Are your thoughts really as valid/good/smart as theirs? Will someone think what you say or do or change is foolish/dumb/stupid? Do I need a psychologist?...

Anyway...the sandbox was great. A totally safe place to try out this wiki stuff. I even made a change! And added an idea. I like the sharing of ideas. Just visited two of the categories so far, but got lots of mental stimulation.

I do think that in using this sort of tool we need to consider the shy student who doesn't feel comfortable putting thoughts in writing for all to see. Some way for adding comments that are anonymous, but also allow the instructor to know who did what. Can we do that?

1 comment:

Library Lady said...

From one gray haired librarian to another, thanks so much for the avatar advice. I'm off to Yahoo to change my avatar one more time... this is really fun!