"Librarians are hiding something."..Stephen Colbert

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Week 5, Thing # 11, Award-winning Web 2.0 Applications/Ning

Tried setting up a wiki on both WetPaint and PBwiki, as I was surprised to see that WP beat out PB for the award. I totally agree with the committee. WetPaint was lots easier, including having to respond to an email before setting up the PBwiki. Also, WP sent emails to my "invitees", rather than my having to do it myself. Both took less than 15 minutes, including the first post. I also liked the fact that WP offered a variety of templates. PB, however, offered some templates and other stuff specifically for educators. "classroom", syllabus, etc.
I also used a site called "Wayfarer" to create a map to my home, which I could then send to friends. That was pretty cool.
I also enjoyed looking at Pipl, searching out mention of myself and relatives. Some interesting entries came up.
Must move on now, or I will not finish before the new year!

2 comments:

Harboring thoughts said...

Will we ever finish before the new year? Site is looking good; you are clearly playing with sites and thinking about application on a daily basis.

booklady said...

I used your advice and used wetpaint to develop my wikki rather than pb. Thanks. Really easy.