"Librarians are hiding something."..Stephen Colbert

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week 9, Thing # 20, YouTube

YouTube, as we all know, contains tons of interesting video. Fun stuff, educational stuff, other... well. I don't know if it is my computer, cookies, cache, or what, but it seems excruciatingly slow to me. I don't get the buffer things where the vid stops for a few seconds to get a second wind. Explain, please. I found a fun video illustrating a knitting machine made entirely of Legos. Not really useful in terms of the knitted fabric created, I would think, but extremely interesting. Here it is embedded from YouTube...



The librarians' 2.0 manifesto was very thought-provoking. I have bookmarked it to easily return during the coming year. Living up to it may prove difficult...especially the part where others may "resist".

Exploring the other sites, looking for "high school library tour" or "library tour" brought very little of use. Either the Quick Time videos didn't work, or the "tour" was deadly boring! Still I persevered to finally find two possibilities:
one by students...



and one by Nick Baker, who made "March of the Librarians" (which was very fun, by the way)... Williams College Welcome Video

Nick also had a very fun video introducing the library staff:

1 comment:

bibliofan said...

I loved "Welcome to the Myers Park Library". What made it great was the personality of the host. No substitute for the "It" factor. What a lot of rules they have. Passes during lunch??? I gave that up eons ago, I thought we were supposed to be about access.